Frequently Asked Question
Why should I choose a privately-owned vacation rental property over a hotel?
- Lots more space to spread out. Make yourself at home in a lovely privately owned home or condo instead of cramming everyone into a small hotel room or suite.
- Save Money. Vacation rental home and condos are by far a much more reasonable option per person, anytime of the year in Vail and Beaver Creek.
- Enjoy all the comforts of home. Typically multiple tv’s, WiFi, fireplaces, and decks with grills. So relax, it’s your home while in the Vail Valley.
- Full Kitchens well-stocked because who wants to eat out every meal? This also saves money.
- Most of our vacation rental homes and condos have Washer and Dryers.
- You will appreciate the privacy of a vacation rental property if you’ve ever stayed at a Vail or Beaver Creek hotel.
- Walk or Shuttle to lifts. All of our vacation rental properties are convenient to Vail village and Lionshead.
What makes Black Diamond Rentals Different?
- We do our best to accurately represent each of our vacation rental properties so that there are no surprises. Our goal is to pair you with the rental home or condo that best suits your needs—whether that be location, price, or quality. During your stay, Black Diamond Rentals managers are available to respond to your needs anytime. Rest assured that working with us will be the easiest part of planning your vacation.
What should I expect to be provided in my Vail or Beaver Creek vacation rental home or condo?
- All homes and condos come with all linens and towels, toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, soap, laundry detergent if applicable, dishwasher detergent if applicable, and tissue paper.
How does the rental process and payment work?
- A rental agreement is emailed once a reservation request is received. The rental agreement contains a credit card authorization form. We take all major credit cards. Once the rental agreement is returned, either deposit or full payment is processed , your reservation is confirmed and you will receive an emailed confirmation of your reservation.
How do I get keys and driving directions to my Vail or Beaver Creek vacation rental home or condo?
- About a month prior to your arrival, Black Diamond Rentals will email you the driving directions and all entry codes so that you can go to your Vail or Beaver Creek vacation rental property upon arrival to the Valley. Approval of early check-ins or late check-outs are required and usually accommodated.
What if we have an after business hours emergency or lock out situation?
- Black Diamond Rentals has a manager on duty after business hours to respond to emergencies or lock outs.
Do we need a car while vacationing in Vail? Is the Vail shuttle a good way to get to the lifts and Village? What about the Beaver Creek shuttle?
- The Vail shuttle runs during ski season from 6am-2am, approximately every 20 minutes. It is a great way to get from your vacation rental property to Vail village, Lionshead, and the ski lifts. The majority of the restaurants, bars, and shops are located in the villages. If you’d like to visit other areas of the Valley or Beaver Creek resort, a car would be easier. Most guests find they only use a car to go to the grocery store so using a local grocery delivery service (see guest services page) is a much more reasonable option in such cases. The Beaver Creek shuttle is a dial-a-ride system. You call them and they show up to take you to the village as long as you are staying within the resort. For Avon properties, you can either take the new Riverfront Gondola, the Avon shuttle, or the Beaver Creek express shuttle depending on which is most convenient and accessible.
Does Black Diamond Rentals have discounts for their guests?
- Yes, please visit the Guest Services page. The best and really only place to find discounted lift tickets is through Vail Resorts so visit their website for discounted lift ticket package. A link is available under Guest Services.